NOMAD Bioscience GmbH is an R&D plant biotechnology company which develops green plant-based transient expression platforms and product candidates for multiple markets. The company has been founded in 2008. Corporate offices are headquartered in Munich, Germany and the Company’s Research and Development division is located in Halle (Saale), Germany. NOMAD Bioscience GmbH has two wholly-owned subsidiary companies: Nambawan Biotech GmbH (Halle (Saale), Germany) and UAB Nomads (Vilnius, Lithuania).
NOMAD has experienced scientific and management team with proven track record. NOMAD has strong Intellectual Property position and freedom to operate for production processes. NOMAD develops corporate alliances with partners with significant presence in target markets to expedite development for additional market/product opportunities. NOMAD’s focus is on Food Safety, Industrial, Healthcare and Agronomic Traits markets.
Founder: Prof. Dr. Jurijus (Yuri) Gleba
Owners: Prof. Dr. Jurijus (Yuri) Gleba, Dr. Christian Ostermaier, Mr. Ken Moonie, Mr. Hendrik Liebers
Executives: Prof. Dr. Jurijus (Yuri) Gleba, CEO; Dr. Anatoliy Gyrych (Anatoli Giritch), CSO
Currently NOMAD has about 20 employees including 12 PhDs. In addition, 13 researchers
work in wholly owned subsidiaries Nambawan Biotech, Halle (Saale), Germany and
UAB Nomads, Vilnius, Lithuania
Proven Track Record
- NOMAD has strong research team, 19 years of experience in corporate R&D and innovation: over 450 issued patents, multiple publications in the best peer-reviewed journals, our technology is plant biotech’s golden standard.
- Knowledge of industrial environment: built, certified and ran its GMP-compliant manufacturing facility (now ICON).
- Successful clinical trials in USA completed in 2013; good rapport with USDA, FDA; several GRAS approvals.
- Strategic partnerships with Denka, Monsanto; history of multiple successful deals with customers.
- Successful exit for investors and founders in 2006; successful re-acquisition of ICON from Bayer in 2012; successful sale of ICON to Denka.
- Raised over $255 M in investment to date (contracts and grants, mostly non-dilutive, sale of ICON); NOMAD is profitable since its inception.
- Yuri Gleba is leading plant biotechnologist; member of six national and international academies of science, 40 years experience of successful R&D management in academia, large and small enterprises.
- Ken Moonie has brokered significant fraction of deals in plant biotech industry.
- Anatoliy Gyrych has 9 years experience in research management.
- Intercompany License Agreement between NOMAD Bioscience and ICON Genetics was signed August 05, 2015.
- ICON is fully owned by Denka Co Ltd. (Tokyo, Japan) since August 2017.
- Cross-license agreement is a broad document with the rights to sublicense and to use each other’s past IP in their respective business areas.
NOMAD Exclusive Business Areas
- Food safety, functional & medicinal foods
- Agronomic traits